2013 Wardrobe Plan Review

By Tiffany - Saturday, January 25, 2014

Last year, I came up with a wardrobe plan for what I wanted to make for myself this year. For the most part, it worked really well.

Cute, but didn't work with my wardrobe

I made my shirt for the black and white challenge. It was a great learning experience and I even made a sew along out of it. Unfortunately, the fabric isn't great and I never wore the shirt. I think a shirt like that would work with a different fabric. This project was sort of just thrown into my wardrobe plan without much thought, since I just really wanted to be a part of the challenge.

I never did make dress pants, but did buy all of the materials. This is something I need, so it will definitely be on my next wardrobe plan.


I did, however, finish making jeans. And I did it by making my own jeans pattern! These ended up being the best pair of jeans I have ever owned. I wear them several times a week and I can't get over how comfortable they are.


I made other one light coloured work shirt: my wearable muslin Sewaholic Alma. It's cute and comfortable. Who knew bedsheets could look this good? I stopped wearing it in the colder seasons, but will wear it again when it warms up. I plan on making another one or two.


Another shirt I made was Butterick 5356. This wasn't part of my plan, but it turned out pretty good. It's almost too comfortable!


My shorts were a success. They are comfortable, as well, and I can't wait to make more.


I made a dress! While it's not the dress I had planned, it's still very nice. My friend and I made dresses for cosplay at the My Little Pony convention. (I dressed as Scootaloo!). Unfortunately, I'm still not sure if this dress is for me. Maybe I need to find the right shoes and accessories. I just feel a little overdressed in it.


I also made two pencil skirts. They were part of the Pencil Skirt Challenge and not part of my plan. They turned out well, however, I still haven't worn them. Pencil skirts just done fit into my life.


I haven't made a light coloured t-shirt yet, but I have fabric and the Sewaholic Renfrew pattern waiting to go! I also wanted to make a light coloured blazer, but haven't done that yet. I have a nice cotton stretch sateen waiting to go, but I'm thinking I might like it more as some capri pants. I also bought the Sewaholic Cordova jacket pattern, so I want to make that, too. I'll see where the Coletterie Wardrobe Architect leads me.


Something that took up a lot of my time and wasn't part of my wardrobe plan, was my sister's and her husband's plaid steampunk costumes. They were fun and definitely a great learning experience.


Another thing that wasn't exactly part of my plan, is my lovely winter jacket. I love it so much! I can't believe how well it turned out. I think I'll make a new inner jacket to go with it for next year.

And then there is the knitting!


I made a lovely, yellow cardigan as planned. It doesn't fit as well as I hoped, but it is still really nice.


My blue cardigan fits much better and is working great in the colder weather.


And, as planned, I made myself a cowl to bust my stash a little bit.

That's it! Hopefully the Wardrobe Architect will focus my energy even more. That way I won't end up sewing something I won't ever wear.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments