Lush Cardigan

By Tiffany - Saturday, September 14, 2013

I've finished my Lush cardigan!


 

This is the second sweater I have ever made for myself (the first being the Acer cardigan).

The cardigan turned out the way I wanted it to. It is nice and fitted with 3/4 length sleeves. The sweater has a beautiful yoke design that wraps around the shoulders. 

I made a size 33, as the pattern recommends to choose a size with 2" of negative ease. It fits very well in the body, but I do find the sleeves a bit tight. I find it hard to get over other shirts with sleeves. It also causes the sweater to be pulled slightly downward off my shoulders unless I button it up. If I make it again, I'm sizing up the sleeves.



Pattern

Lush Cardigan by Tin Can Knits 




The instructions were very well written and easy to follow. It was a much better experience than the Acer cardigan was (which had poorly written instructions). All of the parts of the sweater were done by picking up stitches; no piecing together afterwards.

The only problem I had was that I read CO as "cast off" and not "cast on" when I was doing the body. It was a very hot day and my brain was just not figuring that out properly. But, that was an easy fix.

Yarn

  • Rowan Creative Linen (50% Linen, 50% Cotton)
The yarn is surprisingly slightly scratchy, even though it did not seem that way when it was in a skein. But, that might just be because it is still quite warm out. Wearing it and a few washes might also soften it up. It is otherwise very nice yarn in a very lovely yellow.

It can get creased and wrinkled, so big sections of stockinette stitch are not a good idea if you don't like wrinkles. Although, the wrinkles do go away after a few minutes of not being smooshed in a ball.  


 That's it! I'm off to enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments