Finished Winter Jacket

By Tiffany - Friday, December 26, 2014

I finished the winter jacket for my Mother-in-Law in time for Christmas! It turned very well and now I'll share some pictures.


The jacket has a wonderfully dramatic collar. To look at it, you wouldn't think it was made out of DWR fabric. My MIL picked black for the outside and a nice deep purple for the lining.


I added a velcro hook tab, in case she ever wants to wear a fleece jacket underneath and wants to attach it in place.


The collar goes across the centre front, so I added a mini facing to hold it in place. I also stopped the zipper facing on the other side about 2" down so it isn't too bulky.


One large button peaks out from under the collar.


I added triple matching buttons on the cuffs.


To allow for more ventilation (my MIL says she often feels too hot in most jackets), I added two eylets in the underarm area (on the front side piece).


Like with my winter jacket, I also added loops with snaps in the cuff lining so that sleeves of an under layer could be held in place.

My MIL was super happy when she tried it on. She barely stood still for the pictures and wanted to look in all the mirrors in the house.



The jacket is a little wrinkly from  from being wrapped up for under the tree, but it looks like the overall fit is good. And, most importantly, my MIL finds it super comfortable.


That's it! If I get a chance, I will try to take some better pictures.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow! Super high quality, as usual, and it looks great on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so happy it all worked out. I'm definitely getting better each big project like this that I sew.

      Delete