Jalie 3242

By Tiffany - Friday, September 12, 2014

Well, I haven't posted in awhile! I've been pretty busy, but I've still managed to sew a couple things. Anyways, I would like to show you my attempt at some men's boxer briefs for my husband using Jalie 3242.




My first attempt turned out poorly. The boxer briefs look ok (see picture below), but they were way too tight. It was completely my fault, though. I misread the fabric requirements for the pattern. The pattern calls for at least 70% stretch in all directions (up/down and side-to-side). Somehow, I only thought it needed that much stretch in one direction. So, even though I probably picked the right size, they were way too tight.



My second attempt went a little better. I was able to find some fabric with enough stretch. And, it's very nice looking stripped fabric. I think I did a pretty good job matching up the stripes.


My husband can still get them on and wear them, but they are not perfect. He does not like where the pouch lines sit and would prefer them to be further out. So, now I'm debating whether I should alter this pattern. Or, I could use the men's brief pattern, which has a wider pouch, and lengthen the legs.

Luckily, I bought a lot of the knit fabric knowing I would have to make a few test pairs before finding the perfect fit. Also, they are a super quick sew, so I don't mind making more.

I like that this pattern comes with so many options and sizes. I definitely would love to make myself the perfect pair of underwear, too. I'll let you know how this all turns out.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh! I was curious about this one. Underwear is one of those things I said I would never make and, like many of those things, now I'm intrigued. I've tried one pair and it turned out great, but I don't have this pattern, so I was wondering how it was. Nice job on the stripes, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to make them, too. I was worried it would be hard, but it was very easy. Also, I forgot to mention that Jalie even made a video for boxer briefs pattern, so you don't even have to read the instructions. :)
      video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOOWQMaElNw

      Delete