Waredrobe Architect Revised pt.4

By Tiffany - Sunday, August 10, 2014

I'm finally back to my re-do of Colette's Wardrobe Architect series. In this post, I'm going to explore prints and solids (Week 7) and discuss hair and make-up (Week 8).

When I first discussed prints and solids, I was pretty much all over the place. I went through my existing wardrobe and created a mishmash of colours and prints.

I was right to conclude that I like florals and geometric patterns. But, when it actually comes to designing a wardrobe, I should try to include more solids to make it easier for my pieces to work together. So, while I will continue to love some prints (like my favourite robot print chiffon blouse), I need to include more solids in my wardrobe.

To help me do that, I am also going to think of fabric types. Some fabrics are so nice, you want them in a solid, just so the quality of the fabric stands out. Here is what I came up with:


More fabric types that will look good in solid, like the sweater knit and denim.  Mixed with a few fabrics that look good with a print, like the chiffon robots (heart). I think all of these help me with my overall goal of creating something a little more timeless and a little bit 'preppy'. It's already easier to imagine articles of clothing made up of the above examples that will work together.

On to Week 8: Hair, Make-Up, and Beauty. Last time I did this exercise, I actually did a good job putting down what I like and don't like. So, I will just summarize it again, I like a simple look (no make-up).

My hair is finally long enough that I can do a bit more with it if I want. I usually put it in a pony tail, but sometimes I will french braid it. That's it!

Overall, I think my clean, simple approach to beauty works well with the preppy look that I'm using as a guide.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments