Waredrobe Architect Revised pt.3

By Tiffany - Saturday, July 12, 2014

In this post, I'm going to revisit Coletterie's Wardrobe Architect Week 5 (Your Color Story) and Week 6 (Organizing Your Palette).

Last time I did Week 5, I had an easy time picking colours that I liked. I guess my real problem was limiting the amount of colours! These were my original colours:


I picked so many colours! I still really like them all. But, I decided to remember my core style (preppy) and pick colours that were more suited to that. So, these are the new colours that I picked:

I think that these are the colours I like most and feel best wearing, so I'm going to focus on them.

And, it's already organized for the Week 6 exercise, organizing your palette.

Neutrals
Dove grey, cream, camel, taupe, and black

Nearly Neutrals
Olive and navy

Statement Colours
Mint, turquoise, blush, purple, scarlet, and gold

Much simpler than before. Last time I did this exercise, I had so many colours in the different categories. It will be much easier for me to shop for fabrics and build a wardrobe with this palette.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ha ha! I hear that! I had about a billion colors because I LOVE COLOR! I'm trying to limit a little bit now, too. Wardrobe architect is HARD, but I love it. I think it's really helpful. Creativity within limits, you know? Did you see Into Mind's latest post? She featured someone who has a good capsule wardrobe system. I haven't quite gotten the capsule wardrobe thing down, but that post was inspiring to me. Maybe you'll like it, too.

    ReplyDelete