Wardrobe Architect Week 8

By Tiffany - Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I'm finally at Week 8 of the Coletterie Wardrobe Architect series. This week, the topic is hair and makeup. To help us this about what works for us, there are a bunch of questions to think about. Here is what I answered.

My hair was a lot shorter a year ago...
  1. What hair style has been most flattering and comfortable for you? How did it make you feel about yourself? Did it invoke any of the words you came up with in our core style exercise?

    A: I like my hair at many lengths. Typically, I let it grow until it's really long and then cut it all off really short. I like it short and out of the way or long and in a pony tail. Both these styles fit with my words, which were "comfortable, action, appropriate, and androgynous".
  2. How much makeup are you comfortable with? It could be no makeup, or a full face with contouring (and all that jazz I could never figure out). Or it could vary day to day.

    A: I like a very natural look. I occasionally wear eyeliner to bring out my eye lashes, but that is usually it. I wear more make up on specially occasions, but never full face make up "and all that jazz".
  3. How does your makeup and hair reflect your personal style? What do you feel they say about you and your aesthetics?

    A: I like things that are simple and natural. I also don't like being too feminine.
  4. How much product do you want to own? Do you like collecting products, or would you rather just have a few essentials? How much bathroom clutter are you ok with?

    A: As little as possible. I believe we do damage to our bodies and environment with the amount of stuff we consume.
  5. What requirements do you have for the products you buy? Do you stick with all natural products? Are there ingredients you avoid?

    A: I tried to avoid harmful ingredients. I even carry around in my wallet a helpful list on the Top Ten Toxic chemicals that are in personal care products.
  6. What colors feel best near your face? How do they relate to the color palette you created?

    A: All of the colours I chose for my palette work well near my face, especially the statement colours.
  7. What colors never look right near your face? What colors have you tried and given up on before?

    A: As mentioned before, white really doesn't work for me. It makes my skin look a bit sickly.
  8. How much time do you realistically want to spend getting ready in the morning?

    A: Only 5 to 10 minutes - and that includes brushing teeth and putting on any jewelry.
  9. What types of scents do you gravitate towards? Do you wear perfume? Other scented products? What do you feel the scents you like communicate about your personality?

    A: Like with other products, I want to avoid scents as much as possible. I wear a little deordorant, which I checked for toxic ingredients when I bought it. Scents are also frowned upon in most public places.
So, I like to avoid products. They complicate life and are bad for the environment. I like to avoid consuming all of these beauty products for the same reason that I got into making my own clothes. I should make more of an effort to make my own products as well. I have made lotion in the past and with a lot of sucess.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments