Wardrobe Architect Week 6

By Tiffany - Friday, February 21, 2014

With week 6 of the Wardrobe Architect, we get to combine the colours we chose in week 5. I actually had to do a lot of thinking for this exercise.

Neutrals

Here are my neutrals.



Top to bottom, left to right: light grey, light taupe, dark taupe, cream,
dark grey, dark grey blue, dark brown, black


You might not notice, but most of these colours have a lot of orange in them. I found this out by using Color Hexa, which gives you the breakdown of a colour when you type in the hex code.

I didn't include white and I strongly considered not including black. Something I have figured out with this exercise is that white isn't for me. Black is ok on me, but only when I pair it with cream and not white. For years, I have been trying to put black and white into my wardrobe, because that is what most wardrobe building instructions tell you to use a neutrals. I have been misled!

Nearly Neutrals

These are supposed to be colours that aren't neutrals, but can be used as neutrals. I thought of them as colours that I could use as pants, jackets, and cardigans.




Top to bottom, left to right: light pink, light cyan, pale green, burgundy,
navy, army green, dark purple

These colours make me happy just looking at them. 

Statement Colours

According to Coletterie, statement colours are used for visual impact.  I tried to limit my pick to around seven colours, but it was hard. I love bright colours!


Top to bottom, left to right: light green, turquoise, coral red, lavender,
dark cyan, scarlet red, dark pink

Metallics

For metallics, I chose muted metals. I don't like the really shinny metals.


Left to right: white gold, antique silver, antique brass

That's it for now. I can't wait to see what we do next!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments