Butterick 5286 #2

By Tiffany - Sunday, February 23, 2014

I took out my Singer 3343C so I could do more sewing.  I'm still waiting for replacement gears for my Singer 533.

This is my second pair of Butterick 5286 pajamas that I made for my husband. Earlier, I made a nice light pair out of some thin cotton. This second pair is heavier and great for the colder weather.


Again, I'm really happy with the results. And, more importantly, so is my hubby.

Materials 


  • Some sort of weave that is smooth on one side and fluffy on the other (got it at a liquidation store, so I'm not sure)
  • Waistband elastic
  • Thread 
Pattern



Butterick 5286

This patter is even easy to sew a second time around. No alterations were needed.


Without spending too much time on it, I matched the plaid as best as I could. The finished look is great.

As with the first pair, I serged the seams. And I went back and sewed the crotch seam flat.


I put the nice soft, fluffy side of the fabric to the inside. That way they are super comfortable for my hubby.

That's it! Consider this my late entry for the Mad About Plaid Challenge for the group Stitch Once Rip Twice.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nothing beats a good plaid pajama... I bet they're soft and comfy!
    And using your serger makes things even faster and easier. Good Job!
    MammaNene @ SergerPepper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Adding it to the round-up now. :) http://www.vintagezest.com/2014/01/mad-about-plaid-challenge-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete