Another Sweater for my Hubby

By Tiffany - Friday, January 24, 2014

I finally had a chance to take some pictures of the sweater I made my husband for Christmas. I finished it on Christmas morning. Just in time to throw it in a gift bag and into my husband's hands!


My husband really likes it and I think I turned out pretty well.


Pattern

I wanted to make my husband something interesting and I stumbled on the Halifax cardigan by Amanda Crawford.


The pattern is a 'manly-lace' pattern with a cable that looks a bit like bark.


The cable is done by crossing only the first and last stitches of a 6 stitch cable. This was definitely tricky at first. When doing a regular cable, I can just drop the stitches and pick them up later. But, with the way that this cable is done, a third needle is definitely needed. As the whole sweater is made of this pattern, I was a pro at it by the end.

The pattern was easy to follow. The sweater fits well, except that there may be a bit too much ease in the sleeve cap.

Update: I forgot to mention that the sleeves were also way too long. I ended up taking about 3 inches off of the ends. I did this by inserting a needle at the correct length, unravelling the end, and then casting off at the new length. 

Yarn

  • Rowan Creative Linen (50% Linen, 50% Cotton)
This is the same yarn that I used for my Lush Cardigan. It definitely keeps it shape better in this type of lace pattern that it does in a stockinette stitch.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments