Maybe a Winter Jacket?

By Tiffany - Monday, October 14, 2013

I've decided to go where no home sewer has gone in awhile... I think. I am going to attempt to make my own winter jacket!

From my search on the internet, it looks like that people stopped making their own winter jackets about 10 or 15 years ago. I have not found any blogs or pattern reviews that show people making their own outerwear for cold weather. And I mean cold weather - I live in Canada, so a simple winter jacket will not do.

My plan is to construct a shell jacket that can go over a 200 Polartec inner jacket that I already own. Something not unlike this North Face jacket...


So, to help anyone else thinking of attempting the same thing, here is what I found so far...

A Few Websites

A Book
Wish me luck on my adventure!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Good luck! I have no need for outerwear here in California, but I will definitely follow along with your progress!

    ReplyDelete