Simplicity 1819 Part 3

By Tiffany - Saturday, July 13, 2013

I've started sewing the final version of Simplicity 1819: Steampunk Plaid Dress Extrordinaire semi-colon Really Complicated Costume for Sister! So far, I have put together the front of the skirt.

Front view
I'm doing my best to match up the stripes in the plaid. It has been really easy fabric to work with so far. I like the cascade overskirt, but it really does take a lot of fabric.

Side view. No skirt back yet...

I'm not sure if I like the darker stripes going up and down or if I should have made them horizontal. What do you think?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. My guy and I both agree that the darker stripes are probably better going up and down, like you have it. I can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, Diane! It makes me more confident to keep going.

      Delete
  2. Stripes look better going up and down! It will give the dress a "slimer" look, with
    fabric cascading in the front. Good job!

    ReplyDelete