My Sewing Room ... with a Twist

By Tiffany - Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm organizing my sewing room - something I told myself I would do before I moved on to another project. Anyways, I wanted to share with you how I store my fabrics.

I like to use sheet set packages - the kind you get when you buy a new sheet set. They are see-through plastic and usually have a zipper. This one holds my interfacing:


I use them for separating fabric types or for individual projects. I then can throw all my bags in the larger version: duvet packaging (which I can then throw in the closet):


It keeps my fabrics clean and organized. It is also easy to see where a particular fabric I'm looking for is. And it even has handles!

Before I take credit for the idea, it is actually my mom who showed me this. Thanks Mom!

Without further ado, here is my sewing room:


And now for the twist...



My sewing room is also a martial arts room.


This is my wing chun wooden dummy on the other side of the room. I can use it to ease my frustration during any sewing project mishaps. (hehe)

My sewing room is not perfect and I still need to organize it a bit, but I think I'm definitely a contender in any 'Most Interesting Sewing Room' contests.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments