Inpsiration: Downton Abbey

By Tiffany - Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I'm sure I don't have to tell most of you out there about the wonderful costumes in Downton Abbey. Many sewists (and those into knitting and cooking...) have been inspired by the show (here's a great example).



I got a huge dose of the show a few weeks ago when I was so sick that I couldn't do anything but lie on the couch and watch tv.

One item of inspiration for me was the use of stripes in some of the costumes:


Cute shirt with raglan sleeves and sailor collar

Striped dress

It's nice to see something simple, like stripes, turned into a really interesting design feature. The shirt in particular looks like something I could wear and I have some striped material to use up... hmmm...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments