Sewing: Book Recommendation

By Tiffany - Friday, February 22, 2013

I recently took out "The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting" by Sarah Veblen from the library. I was very impressed with the skills displayed in the book and how great the illustrations were.


I recommend it to anyone sewing their own clothes and trying to get the fit right. Sarah Veblen tackles a variety of typical fitting issues. She also shows issues from that arise from different body shape. In all, it's a great resource.

The only downside, is now I can more easily see where clothes aren't fitting on other people and myself. People are often intimidated with trying to get their homemade clothing to fit properly, but they shouldn't be so hard on themselves. A quick look at most of the RTW (ready-to-wear) clothing people wear on a daily basis will show you that fitting issues are everywhere.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments